Costing tips for the knit Items.
Before start costing
1) Fabrication: You must take clear idea regarding the fabrication before taking the order from the buyer / buying house. After then, you must ensure that, you have strong source of the followings fabric.
2) Size spec: Make sure that, you have got the correct/latest size spec with the measurement of all the sizes, which will be ordered. Many times we see that, PO sheet has come with new bigger size which was not during the costing.
3) Fabric color: Try to know that, how many colors the style has & also try to know that, color wise order qty ratio.
4) Qty: Take information regarding approximate order qty.
5) Shipment date: Asked buyer for the shipment date & check with your production department that, they have enough space for shipped out the followings qty within the require ship date Or tell your possible date.
6) Test requirement: Let you know that, the order has any test or not.
7) L/c payments term: Take a previous l/c copy from them & discuss with your commercial people regarding all the terms along with payment terms.
8) Inspection: Pls get a confirmation from the buyer that, who will inspected the goods. If third party then who will pay their charges.
9) GSP: Pls confirm that, buyer has need the GSP or not.
For more details, pls. find the attached file.